|KOSHA, Host of 31st ICOH Congress in 2015
|Author : KOSHA
● The Korea Occupational Safety and Health Agency (KOSHA) won the bid for the 2015 International Congress on Occupational Health.
KOSHA will use its best endeavors to successfully hold the 31st ICOH Congress in Seoul in 2015.
We believe that the ICOH Congress will elevate the international status of not only KOSHA but also
Korea on the whole as the Seoul World Congress on Occupational Safety and Health did in 2008.
In addition, Director General Kang Seong-kyu of the Occupational Safety and Health Research
Institute of KOSHA became the first Korean ICOH board member.
◎ Background of ICOH Congress and ICOH
Commission on Occupational Health (ICOH). The Congress aims to build a healthy working
environment for all by promoting exchange of experiences and information on occupational health
and preventive measures.
- The International Commission on Occupational Health (ICOH) is an international
- There are approximately ten Korean members of the Commission.
- ICOH conducts R&D and develops technology in various fields of occupational health ranging
from chemical-induced illnesses, cardiovascular diseases, musculoskeletal diseases,
toxicology, and atypical workers. The Commission has 35 Scientific Committees.
- The 29th ICOH Congress was held in Cape Town, South Africa from 20th to 27th, March, 2009
with the theme?Occupational Health, a Basic Right and a Valuable Asset to Society.
Occupational health professionals around the world shared their knowledge and expertise at
various seminars and sessions. The 30th Congress is scheduled to take place in
Cancun, Mexico in 2012.
- ICOH official web site: http://www.icohweb.org/
|'SH@W', Health and Safety Academic Journal, Internationally Recognized